If you would like to learn how to make soap from nourishing natural ingredients then this course is for you.
We will use the traditional cold process method of soap making and with a hands on practical approach you will make a selection of soaps to take home with you. You will also have the opportunity to make shampoo bars.
Also available as a live online workshop - click here for further details.
Who is this Course Suitable For?
- You want to learn the traditional art of soap making so that you can make soap for yourself, family and friends
- You want to minimise your impact on the planet and by making your own soap you are reducing plastic waste
- You want to learn how to make soap with plans to launch your own business
- You like to learn new crafts and meet like minded people
- Introduction, brief history & basic chemistry of soap making
- Oils and their properties
- Learn how to use a Soap Calculator and Formulate your own recipes
- Essential oil basics
- Natural colour options
- Soap making demo followed by soap making sessions (am and pm)
- Q&A session
- Learn cold process soap making with a multi Award Winning soap maker
- Experienced tutor - taught over 500 students to make soap since 2015
- Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- Platinum Students Choice Award
- Course handout includes basic recipe, soap calculator example and step-by-step soap making instructions
- Refreshments and all materials provided
- Small class size with an informal learning environment
- You will have the opportunity to learn each stage of the soap making process
- Palm oil free / plant-based recipes
- Take a beautiful selection box of your soapy creations home with you at the end of the day (retail value £40)
To download my FREE Top Ten Soap Making Oils Guide click here.
Click here to visit my soap making class website and find out more about my love affair with lather!
A Selection of Reviews
"This was a fabulous course to attend for beginners and anyone interested in soap making.
Definitely well worth my flight to do it. Ruth is a great teacher and extremely helpful with any questions that you may have. I have been reading soap making books for a while now but nothing can compare to getting the chance to make your own with the support of a good teacher.
Met lovely people and went home smelling the plane with the scent of my lovely soap.
Hope to get chance to do your business course Ruth.
And thank you so much again." Eilish
"I recommend this course 100%. Ruth is a true ambassador for soap making and so passionate about her craft. You cannot fail to walk away feeling inspired and more knowledgeable. The day was well structured, organised and in a great location. We learnt about the history of soap making and information on the current cold process used in hand made soap today. There was plenty of opportunity for hands on practical experience and for me this was very exciting. Thanks Ruth - you are an inspiration." Julie
"Thank you Ruth for teaching me how to make soap! Loved everything about this course - well organised, excellent clear tuition, lovely venue with space and natural light, delicious lunch, met some lovely people and came away with lots of lovely soap, instructions to use at home and the confidence to carry on making (I am busy collecting my supplies and deciding on which recipes to try next!). I would highly recommend this course, so glad I attended." Catherine
2021 Course Dates
27 March 2021
22 May 2021
26 June 2021
31 July 2021
28 August 2021
25 September 2021
30 October 2021
27 November 2021
The courses will run from 10am and finish at approximately 3pm.
For the safety of all my students I will be following a new safety protocol which includes smaller class sizes, provision of sanitiser and adequate spacing around work stations.
Poynton Community Centre, 107 Park Lane, Poynton, SK12 1RB.
There is a train station in Poynton (10 minutes walk) and easy motorway connections.
The standard course fee is £110 which includes all the materials and a comprehensive handout.
*** Gift Vouchers ***
Gift vouchers for my soap making courses make the perfect present for creative loved ones. Click here to buy a gift voucher.
Private Group Bookings
Private group bookings are available by separate arrangement. Ideal for birthdays, hen days, activity days, team building days. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
If you want to sell your soap and/or cosmetics join me for the day on my business course and let me guide you through the compliance and business requirements to get your new venture started on the right track. If you attend my soap making course you will receive a 10% DISCOUNT on my business course. Please note the discount does not apply if you book my soap making course through a third party website.
To Book Please Choose a Date and Click the Button